Sunday, December 11, 2011

Hi All,
I hope you have enjoyed this chilly weekend. This week, we will be gearing up for the break. We are concluding our third theme in Language Arts, and taking a Math Benchmark. I will also have students reassess on the AR STAR, so some kids may have new reading levels for their independent reading during the break and new year. We will not have a Homework packet this week, and math homework will be sent home on Monday and Tuesday only. Please send back permission slips for our January field trip to the Natural History Museum, as well as the $2.00 contribution for the museum.

This Wednesday is not a Restructured Day. We will have our Pajama Day on Wednesday, and students should also bring books for the Room 24 Book Swap (up to 5 books).

Our class party is scheduled for Friday, at 12:15. If you did not receive an email with information about the party, please contact me and I will forward it to you.

Finally, please know how much I am enjoying your kids this year. I am finding this class to be a kind and thoughtful bunch, and I really appreciate their great spirits.

If I don't have a chance to check in with you before break, have a wonderful holiday, and I will see you in the new year!
Carroll Mayer



No comments: