Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hello All,
I'm sorry to be so tardy this week but the blog just slipped my mind!

First of all, thanks to all the parents that were able to help with last week's Halloween party.  The kids had a great time, but remained calm and pleasant.

Secondly, please send kids with lunches on Friday. We will be squeezing our lunch break around the museum's schedule, so sack lunches will work best.

Finally, just a reminder that the trimester officially ends next Tuesday.  Most kids have reached their AR goal, but if your child is finishing a book and testing in order to make their goal, please encourage them to let me know.  You are also welcome to send a reminder note.  Please also be aware that I realize AR is new to the kids, and that their goal is just that: a goal.  AR is designed to encourage kids to read and is not an end in itself.

Take care, and I'll try to be more timely next week!
Carroll Mayer

No comments: