Monday, January 18, 2010

Hi All,
I hope you all enjoyed this 3 day weekend. My family and I really appreciated the time, and even enjoyed the rain.

This Friday, all the homework I sent home last week will be due. Third graders will take their spelling tests, and students will share their Lit. Circle assignments. I saw many Lit. Circle books noted on Reading Logs last Friday. Just a reminder, these are due every Friday! In math, Second graders will be finishing their unit on regrouping in subtraction, and Third Graders will begin a unit on fractions. I appreciate all the parent support in math. I find this program to be interesting and rigorous and I'm glad to have parent comments regarding the homework.

This Wednesday, I will be at a District Training. Mrs. Nigh will be substituting.

On Thursday our class will be going on a field trip to the Aptos History Museum.
Thanks to all the parents who volunteered to drive. However, many students have not turned in their permission slips; please make sure to do this right away.

Thanks again,
Carroll

No comments: