Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Dear Parents and Students,

Welcome to 4th grade, in Room 9!  I'm excited to begin a great new year.  My name is Ms. Mayer, and I will have met and seen many of you around the school.  This is my 12th year teaching at Rio del Mar, and my second year of 4th Grade. The shift from primary to intermediate grades has been a stimulating one for me, and I'm sure it will be for you as well.


To the right of this post you will see a supply list.  I really would like all students to have a homework folder and a clean sock.  Please don't get a binder.  They take up a lot of space in the desk and backpack, and are hard to organize.  The rest of the supplies are materials that we consume a lot of in the class, and will be shared with others in the room.  My priorities are good pencils and whiteboard pens. As we use them throughout the year, feel free to bring additional supplies whenever you're able. Anyone who is unable to purchase supplies will be provided with them, as I purchase materials with Parent Alliance funds as well!

Parents, please email me with your preferred contact information.  It's also helpful if you subscribe to the blog, as I post regularly.  I encourage you to have your child make checking the blog a part of their weekly routine as well.

I look forward to meeting you all.

Take care,
Carroll Mayer

No comments: