Monday, May 20, 2019

Hi All,

I hope you enjoyed the rainy weekend; I know I did! Fortunately, we followed up with a beautiful day here at school.

This week the kids are taking the MAP test. They are not thrilled to be doing another assessment, but are being good sports! When we aren't testing --which is actually most of the time-- the kids are continuing with their California reports, reading in their book club books, doing a hyperdoc about California's "Path to Statehood", learning about rocks,  and refining their standard measurement knowledge and application skills. We are also enjoying Esperanza Rising as our final Read Aloud.

Today (Monday) kids brought home permission slips for the End-of-the-year Party. Please send in permission slips and money this week. We are also looking for volunteer driver/chaperons, and would love to hear from you if you are able to this. Just send me an email!

Finally, the district is doing a tech survey. I have attached the link below. I will be doing it with the kids in class this week, but they'd also like to hear from parents how you think we are doing with tech. This needs to be done this week.

https://questionnaire.bbyt.es/campaigns/55b05474bee927544dd73fb0

I enjoyed seeing so many of you last week at Open House. It's amazing how quickly the year goes by!

Have a great week,

Carroll Mayer

No comments: