Monday, August 12, 2019

Hi All,

Welcome to Room 9. 💜I am so excited to have a combined Third & Fourth Class this year! Having 2 grades of students enables us to explore a wide array of content, build independent and collaborative learning abilities, and grow cross grade level friendships.

For those parents that don't know me, I am a long time Rio del Mar teacher. I began my years at Rio as a Parent Volunteer, then a First Grade Classroom Aide. When I was ready to take over full teaching duties, I started with a combined 1/2 class! After that, I moved to Third Grade, and taught that level for 9 years. This will be my sixth year teaching Fourth Grade.

As a teacher, my passion is reading, and I have tons of books in the classroom to share. When I was a kid, I loved reading fiction, and could easily lose myself in the worlds created by my favorite authors. In my adult life, I've come to appreciate informational text as well, and I love the great variety now present in nonfiction titles for kids.

My personal interests include reading (still!), walking, traveling, and this summer I committed myself to yoga. I am married, and have 2 adult children who live in great travel destinations: San Francisco and Kauai.

A primary goal for me in my personal and professional life is continued growth. While I love returning to old favorites (places, books, exercises...) I am always looking for opportunities to explore the new. This is something that I hope to share with you all.

It's going to be a great year!

Best,

Carroll Mayer

No comments: