Sunday, May 17, 2020

Hi All,


Happy rainy Sunday! I am enjoying a quiet day, reading a great book, and doing my yoga app. I hope you have found fulfilling, joyful ways to spend your weekend too.

Here is this week's Distance Learning Choice Board. The big focus for this week is finishing up a well-researched piece of writing on your Famous American or World Artist. I have been poking around, searching for kids' writing to comment upon, and have made notes on those submitted to me. I've been very pleased with the work I've seen! I hope you are enjoying learning about your subjects, and I see you are writing thoughtfully about their lives, their challenges, and the lessons that we can learn from these important people.

Otherwise, we have 3 more weeks of school. Keep up the great work on the geometry, which many of you are enjoying. Fourth Graders will break out the protractors this week, but don't be thrown off by the lesson on circular protractors scheduled for Monday. You will be using the regular ones after that, and don't need to own a circular protractor!

We will continue to have our regular meetings at 10 AM: whole class on Monday, 4th Graders Tuesday, 3rd Graders Wednesday, and Office Hours on Thursday and Friday. Kids, please remember that if you send me a question via email, you need to go back and check your email for the response. It's also really polite to send a quick follow up that you have read my response and solved your problem, or that you need to make a plan to solve it using a digital meeting.

I am sending an email virtual Lost and Found with items from the classroom. There are several pencil cups filled with colorful pens, scissors, etc, as well as a very nice sweatshirt and some water bottles. I am happy to place in the bags I'm packing from kids' desks, but need these items to be identified in order to do that. Ms. Jones sent out information about when and how to claim your things a week or so ago.

Here is this week's Sea Hawk News.

Have a great week!

Ms. Mayer





No comments: