Sunday, April 12, 2020

Hi All,

I hope you enjoyed your weekend, and have found ways to celebrate your health and faith as a family.

Rio del Mar has many resources available to support you during these times, including links for PE, Art, and the school library. These are all on the Choice Board.  In addition, here is a message from Natalie Hanneman, our counselor :Letter to Family

Here is one of my favorite things: Seahawk News


It seems like we are developing some successful routines, and I'd like to build on structures that are working.

Class Meetings via Zoom at 9:30--Links/codes posted on Google Classroom

  • Monday--whole class
  • Tuesday--4th Grade 
  • Wednesday--3rd Grade
  • Thursday & Friday--"Office Hours" --I will be on Zoom, available for kids to log in and ask questions about classwork or technology.

Here is our Distance Learning Choice Board for the week. It will also be posted in the Google Classroom. For Third Grade parents: our Choice Board and assignments are not EXACTLY like the ones included in the weekly 3rd Grade packet available at Rio from 8-10 on Mondays. Picking up the packet saves you and your child some printing, especially of math papers, which I am syncing with the other classes. We do NOT have the same reading assignments, so stories referenced in the packet are not accessible to Room 9 kids. Please use the Reading Routines (also linked on Choice Board) to structure your child's weekly reading.

It's my expectation that you are all reading, writing and doing math on each school day. There are a lot of other things on the Choice Board, and they are so you don't get bored. I know you are also good at thinking of interesting, creative and fun things to do.

Finally, I am checking in and responding to your emails and submitted work every day. I love to see and hear how you're doing, and am eager to help you as challenges arise. I really like getting the work on Google Classroom, but I also welcome pictures sent via email.  I miss you!


All the best,

Carroll Mayer



No comments: