Sunday, April 26, 2020

Hi All,

I hope you have enjoyed the past week. It feels like a long time since Earth Day, but it was only last Wednesday! I loved hearing about all the things you did to celebrate our planet, via your posts to our daily question, and in our 3rd Grade meeting on Thursday. This week we will return to our normal schedule, and have a whole class meeting on Monday at 9:30, 4th Grade on Tuesday, 3rd on Wednesday, and Office Hours on Thursday and Friday. All the meeting are from 9:30-10:30, and we will continue to use Google Meet (link on Classroom). I also loved seeing many of you in the SeaHawk News. If you haven't sent in photos to Mrs. Avey in the past, you have another chance this week!

Here is our Room 9 Distance Learning Choice Board for this week.

For 3rd Graders only, a reminder that copies of Riding Freedom are available at Rio on Monday, in the same place that parents pick up packets. If you don't get a packet, you can still get the book. I have also linked an audio version of the book, starting over at the beginning, on this week's Distance Learning Choice Board, so you can enjoy the book even if you don't have a copy. When/if you pick up a 3rd Grade packet, please remember that we don't have exactly the same activities as those that are in the packet. Follow our assignments listed on our Choice Board.

For everyone, please remember that I am expecting you to read, write and do math every school day. Some of you are sending in everything you are assigned, and I appreciate how hard you are working.

  1. How do I know you are writing? You have turned in your final draft of your story, and returned the grammar worksheet via a scan or photo. 
  2. How do I know you are reading? You have written a signpost for you book on KidBlog, taken an AR test, done the assigned Newsela article, and completed your Lexia minutes (40).
  3. How do I know you are doing math? You have returned math Exit tickets,  (this coming week all assignments), and are doing your Khan Accelerator minutes(45).
Families, please let me know if your household is having trouble completing these assignments. I will do all I can to support you in making this work during the remainder of the school year.

Have a terrific week! Kids, remember that you can add to the agenda for our class meetings by emailing me, or by posting on the document attached to Meeting "assignment" on our Google Classroom. 

Take care,

Ms. Mayer


No comments: