Friday, March 27, 2020

Hi Parents (and Kids),

Just a few things to wrap up this week…
  • I have sent you all invitations to Epic Books. Thank you Jena, for alerting me to this. You will need to have the invitation to access this free (until June) service for your child. 
  • Epic Books should allow us to have some shared books, which I am excited about. I am new to this site, but I think it will increase our options, although I know a big challenge for all of you is varying the work, and selecting your tech time with care. 
  • On the tech topic, please be sure that your kid is completing their designated Lexia minutes. I would like to see a minimum of 40 minutes/week for each kid, but if your child is working below their grade in reading or writing, or is simply below their grade in Lexia progress, I suggest you increase it to as much as 20 min/day.
  • Not that many people are accessing Khan Accelerator. If this is due to tech/log in problems, please let me know. 
  • After break I will be setting up Google Hangout meetings in various groups. We may also experiment with Zoom.

I will not be posting assignments next week—Spring Break!  Your child is welcome to access any of the technology available during this time. I am also posting this cool “Engineering Bingo”. on the Google Classroom page.
It is not an assignment, and I will not be collecting work. If you want, you can take pictures and send them to me after break.

Have a healthy and joyous Spring Break. I am filled with gratitude to be a part of this loving, hardworking Rio del Mar community!

Take care,

Carroll Mayer

No comments: